EUGENE, Ore. -- Planners at the University of Oregon have made some design changes to the new Hayward Field -- including renaming the nine-story tribute to legendary coach Bill Bowerman.
Now called the "Oregon Tower," the torchlike structure will now sit next to the east grandstands.
Also, according to the university, the north end of the bowl will now be at ground level.
The changes will reduce the official capacity to 12,500, down from the original plan of 12,900.
- Design changes unveiled for Hayward Field
- Hayward Field Construction Closures
- Crews start dismantling Hayward Field
- UO announces massive renovation to Hayward Field
- Community reacts to Hayward Field renovation plans
- Board of Commissioners supports Hayward Field renovations
- Tinker Hatfield criticizes Hayward Field plans
- Community reacts to Hayward Field demolition
- Historic Hayward Field sign taken down
- Crews demolish Hayward Field's historic East Grandstand