EUGENE, Ore. – The city of Eugene has redefined the list of what can and can’t go in your recycling bin. Officials say the changes are the result of fluctuations on the international market.
Here is a list of items that are no longer accepted in the city’s recycling streams:
• Plastic tubs.
• Plastic items number #3 through #7.
• Aseptic containers like milk and juice cartons.
• Shredded paper.
Experts say if these items get into bins they contaminate all the other recyclable material.
For a full list of what you are allowed to recycle, click here.
The changes went into effect on April 9.
- Eugene expands list of non-recyclable items
- No-smoking zone expands in downtown Eugene
- Mountain Rose Herbs plans Take Back Recycling event in Eugene
- Eugene City Council looks into expanding no-smoking zone downtown
- New Eugene travel guide inspires bucket list adventures
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Corvallis expands bait bike program
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Company helps businesses recycle 50 percent more
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling