EUGENE, Ore. - Eugene Police arrested 35-year old Donald Haney for Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Trespass.
Police said around 11:30 Wednesday morning, they received a report that Haney was yelling racial slurs at people at the Eugene Public Library.
Officers said a security guard initially responded to complaints, and say that when Hanley was found in a heated argument with a woman.
Police said the security guard, who is African-American, reportedly tried to intervene but said Haney then targeted racial slurs towards her.
They said he also threatened to return and shoot or stab her.
Police said during the incident, children were around and it was noticeably upsetting to them.
Police said when officers arrived, they did not find Haney.
They said he was later found just after midnight Thursday morning.
- Eugene man arrested for allegedly threatening a security guard
- Man arrested for allegedly threatening to murder Virginia congressman
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Eugene man allegedly rear-ends detective
- Security guards kill knife-wielding man inside Barnes-Jewish complex
- Police arrest man accused of threatening OSU
- Trump threatens to pull funding for California National Guard deployment
- Man arrested after allegedly throwing hatchet at man
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Military deployed as norovirus outbreak hits Winter Olympic security guards