YAKIMA, Wash. -- FBI agents arrested Almozo Castenda, 34, on multiple charges including sex abuse, assault of a spouse or intimate partner by strangulation, and assault. He was arrested at his home in Yakima, Wash.
The FBI says Castenda is charged with these actions toward a partner between January and February 2018 on on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR).
The FBI says the woman is a tribal member and Castenda is not.
He made his first appearance before a federal magistrate in Yakima on Feb. 28 and is scheduled to have a detention hearing on Mar. 2.
The FBI says his case will eventually move back to the U.S. District Court in Oregon.
- FBI arrests man accused of violent crimes
- Winston man arrested for online sex crimes
- Lebanon man arrested for sex crimes
- Man accused of hate crime after attack in Portland
- Police arrest man accused of threatening OSU
- Man arrested, accused of killing a swan
- California authorities arrest man accused of starting Klamathon Fire
- Transient accused of stabbing man
- FBI arrests Portland man for soliciting photos, videos from girls from iPhone app