EUGENE, Ore. -- Flames ripped through a mobile home park in west Eugene, destroying a trailer just one day after Christmas.
Crews rushed to Daneland Mobile Home Park at 1199 N. Terry St. just after 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Callers reported the home was fully engulfed by flames before firefighters arrived.
One person was inside the trailer at the time of the fire, officials said, but he escaped with only minor smoke inhalation.
Battalion Chief Brian Smith of the Eugene Springfield Fire Department said the flames started in the kitchen as the man was cooking.
"Be aware while you're cooking," Smith said. "You have flammable materials like grease and other oils and heating elements and it's just one of the reasons why most fires in residents happen in kitchens."
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Eugene mobile home destroyed, neighbors jump into action
- Madras boys charged in fire that destroyed 4 mobile homes
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Homes, structures destroyed by fire near Dorena
- Fire destroys RV and parking structure in west Eugene
- House fire destroys home on Hilyard Street in Eugene; family pleads for help
- Fire crews put out Springfield mobile home fire