CRESWELL, Ore -- Multiple fire crews responded to a massive barn fire south of Creswell.
The initial call came in Monday at about 3:30 a.m. The fire was on the 81,000 block of Mill Road, about 2.5 miles from Whitsell Mill in Saginaw that burned down last month.
South Lane Fire and Rescue responded to the fire, along with Lorane, Pleasant Hill, Goshen and North Douglas fire departments.
Officials said the barn was a complete loss. Farm equipment was damaged in the fire and numerous pigs, chickens, and ducks died. Officials estimate the loss to be between $100,000 and $200,000.
At 6 a.m crews were still taking care of hotspots surrounding the fire and officials said the rain Monday morning helped contain it.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Flames and smoke billow from Creswell home
- Barn housing propane tanks goes up in flames
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Creswell lumber warehouse fire considered suspicious
- Unofficial voter pamphlets spark controversy in Creswell
- Heavy police presence being reported in Creswell
- Robbers steal weapons from Creswell residence
- Pleasant Hill house engulfed in flames