PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A former Oregon special education teacher who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree encouraging child sexual abuse has been sentenced to one year in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that 40-year-old Andres Caputo was sentenced Thursday for sharing child pornography with others on the internet.
Investigators say Caputo shared hundreds of photos and videos of child pornography with unknown people, but that none of the children were McMinnville students.
Investigators also said Caputo didn't create any of the pornography.
Caputo worked for the McMinnville district from 2010 to 2016.
Defense attorney Steven Sherlag said Caputo resigned from teaching after investigators found that he had shared child pornography in April 2016.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Oregon teacher imprisoned for child pornography
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- 2 Louisiana men arrested on over 60 child pornography charges
- Alabama man in custody after viral child pornography video
- Iranian-American imprisoned in Iran given 4-day leave after hospitalization
- Venezuelan prison riot renews calls to free imprisoned Utahn
- Dad turns in teenage son after finding child pornography on cell phone
- Oregon child molester sentenced to 12 years
- Philadelphia Eagles show solidarity with imprisoned rapper Meek Mill during Super Bowl entrance
- Florida man imprisoned for more than 20 years: 'I did not harm my son'