PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A former Oregon special education teacher who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree encouraging child sexual abuse has been sentenced to one year in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that 40-year-old Andres Caputo was sentenced Thursday for sharing child pornography with others on the internet.
Investigators say Caputo shared hundreds of photos and videos of child pornography with unknown people, but that none of the children were McMinnville students.
Investigators also said Caputo didn't create any of the pornography.
Caputo worked for the McMinnville district from 2010 to 2016.
Defense attorney Steven Sherlag said Caputo resigned from teaching after investigators found that he had shared child pornography in April 2016.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Oregon teacher imprisoned for child pornography
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- Oregon child molester sentenced to 12 years
- Former Oregon teacher pleads guilty to 9 sex abuse charges
- Local child becomes Make A Wish Oregon recipient
- Oregon woman sentenced to 10 years on child porn charge
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Karate teacher reaches a milestone
- Oregon Drop Box Locator
- Oregon primary election results