SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A common New Year’s resolution is working out to stay fit and shed some pounds.
International fitness in Springfield said January is the month they have the highest number of members join.
They said December was a slow month, but their membership numbers spiked New Year’s weekend.
Personal trainer, Kyle Singh, said typically people tend to make fitness a top priority at the beginning of the year.
“It's always progressing towards a goal,” he said. “You're not going to achieve your goal in one month or two months, it’s everlasting process …that's just how you have to live your life if you want to be healthy."
However, Singh said January is not the month to find the best gym deals since many people are naturally motivated to visit the gym.
- Gym memberships spike as many begin New Year resolution
- Gun violence spikes in Medford
- Eugene ski shop sees spike in business
- Oregon sees spike in international tourism
- Douglas County Commissioners sign the Stepping Up Resolution
- LCC Board approves resolution supporting Senate Bill 1563
- Bulletproof backpack sales spike in wake of school shooting
- Spring Break brings spike to Roseburg, Winston economies
- Fireworks sales begin in Oregon
- National Drug Take Back begins tomorrow