SALEM, Ore. – Ronald Williams of Hermiston won $118,031 playing Keno through the Oregon Lottery.
Williams owns a trucking company and bought the winning ticket during a stop at the Crossroads Truck Stop in Umatilla.
"I bought the ticket, got home, took a nap and then checked the numbers with my computer," Williams said. "I am no computer wizard, but I was able to figure it out and checked it about eight times. I wanted to make sure I saw it right."
Williams won $40,000 by hitting his bulls-eye number, $25,000 for playing Special Keno and the rolling 8-spot bonus was $53,031.
Williams said originally he thought he won the Keno 8-Spot and the rolling jackpot, but didn't know about the bulls-eye win.
"I was at breakfast with a friend and the clerk said that someone was going to get $118,000 because of the win," he said. "I tried to figure out how it was that much, and she told me about the bulls-eye. I had no clue I had won that extra money!"
He said he was going to use the money to improve some property he wants to sell.
During the 2015-17 biennium in Umatilla County, where the Crossroads Truck Stop is located, more than $16 million in Oregon Lottery proceeds were directed to economic development, parks, education and watershed enhancement.
Since the Oregon Lottery began selling tickets on April 25, 1985, it has earned more than $11 billion for economic development, public education, state parks and watershed enhancements. For more information on the Oregon Lottery click here.
- Hermiston man wins over $100,000 playing Keno
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to Eugene YMCA
- Boxcar Fire burns nearly 100,000 acres
- Nearly $100,000 will bring more CTE programs to Douglas County
- Oregon Community Foundation grants $100,000 for Roseburg Library
- Brownsville man wins Independent Party nomination in governor race
- Web Extra: Taylor Alie on Quarterback Play, Emphasizing Improvement (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Ryan Nall on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Sumner Houston on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Kevin McGiven on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)