CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The doors of the Corvallis Boys and Girls Club's new teen center are finally open, and it is ready to serve local teens.
The long-awaited two-story, 20,000-square-foot Johnson Center for Youth Excellence teen center and Brauti Wellness Clinic opened Sept. 7 -- the first day of school.
Staff with the Boys and Girls Club of Corvallis said the facility's first floor will provide a space for teens to participate in professional development workshops, tutoring, and help with college and job applications. It will also offer a gym for physical activity.
Mariah Morales works at the Boys and Girls Club and was a member of the club growing up.
She said the Johnson Center is essential for high schoolers as they become adults, and she credits these types of programs to her becoming the person she is today.
"When I was going through it, I was this shy, kind of shy teenager who didn't really know where she wanted to be in the world and what she wanted to do," Morales said. "And after the Boys and Girls Club, I became this very strong leader with a great resume, great job training skills and ready to go into the workforce."
She said the second floor of the Johnson Center houses the Brauti Wellness Clinic, offering free physical and mental health services for people ages 0 to 18 and is managed by Samaritan Health Services.
All services in the Johnson Center are free for high school students. The facility is open Monday through Friday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
For more information on the center click here.
- Johnson Center opens at Corvallis Boys and Girls Club
- Boys and Girls Club of Corvallis cutting ribbon on new center
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Boys & Girls Club gets new computer lab thanks to IGT
- Field of Dreams Auction raises $85,000 for Boys & Girls Club
- Boys & Girls Club brings mental health service to teens
- Lions Club in Corvallis selling See's Candy at new location
- Callie the cat keeps Corvallis 911 center company
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans