EUGENE, Ore. -- The Lane Transit District is reminding riders that their buses are safe and clean to ride in. This comes after a girl in Portland was pricked by a used needle as she was riding the MAX Train.
Therese Lang, the Public Information Officer with LTD said they have more than 200 drivers and nearly 100 buses. She said their drivers inspect their buses several times a day and have staff clean them overnight.
"If an operator finds something that's dangerous on the bus, they call a supervisor who will come over and make a report and then remove that item and take it to our public safety office,” said Lang.
Lang said if riders ever find any dangerous items on the buses, they are asked to tell the driver immediately so it can be removed.
- LTD reassure riders that they inspect their buses on a daily basis
- Annual boat inspections in Linn County
- Professional riders put an X through bullying
- UPDATE: Rider identified in Springfield motorcycle crash
- South Lane School District plans on replacing 20 school buses
- New program helps service pets board LTD buses