Photo Gallery 4 Images
LEBANON, Ore. -- A popular breakfast restaurant in Lebanon caught fire early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters said an employee's quick action helped limit the damage.
They said the cook was making gravy for the morning breakfast crowd at Kevin's Cafe when a small fire started under the burners on the stove.
She tried to put it out with salt and a fire extinguisher before calling for help but the flames were spreading fast.
Responding firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading from the stove and backsplash.
Firefighters said there is minor smoke and water damage. They said grease was built up under the gas burner and caught on fire.
- Lebanon cafe sustains minor damage due to fire
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Program teaches sustainable landscaping practices
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Lebanon firefighters rescue dog, extinguish house fire
- House fire under investigation in Lebanon
- Fire burns deck of Lebanon home
- Fire crews on scene of house fire in Lebanon