DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- Three arson investigations led to the arrest of one man at a Roseburg Walmart.
Deputies in Douglas County got a call at 1:40 a.m. of a vending machine that was destroyed by a fire at T&D Laundry in Riddle Tuesday morning. They said a man was caught on security cameras, lighting the Pepsi machine on fire, to gain access to the coins inside. They said the suspect stole an undisclosed amount of coins.
Officials were then called out to a similar case at the Leisure Inn in Canyonville. They said the suspect, in that case, appeared to be the same man.
A third case, at the Holiday Inn in Roseburg, was also reported at 2:30 a.m. They said the suspect also lit a vending machine on fire causing an estimated damage of more than $1000.
Deputies believe the same man was involved in all three cases.
Based on the description of the suspect in the security video, deputies arrested Jason Deschenes at a Walmart in Roseburg. Deputies said Deschenes, 32, had evidence of the arsons on him at the time of arrest. He was arrested on charges of arson, criminal mischief, and theft.
- Man accused of lighting three vending machines on fire
- Myrtle Creek man leaves significant damages after lighting 3 vending machines on fire
- Man accused of starting a fire in a Roseburg Safeway
- Transient accused of stabbing man
- Hundreds attend annual Tree Lighting Celebration
- Local church hosts community Christmas light show
- Help Springfield light up downtown by donating
- Two Douglas County men patent a machine to transform log waste
- California man accused of carjacking on I-5