CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Deputies said a man has come forward, saying he may have been the one who hit a 13-year-old with his vehicle.
Meadow Boyd was found dead on the side of the road on October 30. Detectives said she was waiting for the bus when she was struck and killed. Deputies believe a car or something attached to a car hit and killed Meadow.
Detectives said the man has not been named a suspect in a crime as they are still looking at evidence to determine if his vehicle was involved.
Officials are also asking for help from neighbors to identify trucks seen in the area when Meadow was hit.
- Man believes he may have hit and killed teen in Southern Oregon
- Police believe man shot himself after hit-and-run accident
- Skateboarder struck and killed by SUV in southern Oregon
- Troopers search for wanted man in Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon salmon fishing in jeopardy
- Southern Oregon coast reopens for crabbing season
- Survey finds homelessness rising in southern Oregon
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Report details Oregon teen suicide rate