ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities have identified a bicyclist found dead on a trail near Ashland, Oregon.
READ MORE: Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says 56-year-old John Thomas Jr. suffered significant head trauma after losing control of his mountain bike and crashing Monday. He had been wearing a helmet.
The sheriff's office described Thomas as an experienced cyclist who was familiar with the trail often used by mountain bikers.
- Mountain biker who died in Oregon crash suffered head trauma
- Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
- Oregon silverspot back on Saddle Mountain
- Pedestrian hit in crash, suffered life-threatening injuries
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Oregon boy dies from flesh-eating bacteria
- Health officials: One in 38 adults in Oregon suffer from gambling addiction
- Driver dies in crash in Springfield
- Glendale man dies after crashing into tree
- Injured climber rescued from Broken Top mountain