ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities have identified a bicyclist found dead on a trail near Ashland, Oregon.
READ MORE: Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says 56-year-old John Thomas Jr. suffered significant head trauma after losing control of his mountain bike and crashing Monday. He had been wearing a helmet.
The sheriff's office described Thomas as an experienced cyclist who was familiar with the trail often used by mountain bikers.
- Mountain biker who died in Oregon crash suffered head trauma
- Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
- Mountain biker Max Stockl conquers world's toughest ski run
- Cougar kills mountain biker, injures another in Washington state
- Youth Villages helps treats childhood trauma
- Metro Atlanta middle school teacher dies after suffering massive stroke
- Pilot suffers broken arm in small plane crash
- Pedestrian hit in crash, suffered life-threatening injuries
- Two biker gang leaders convicted for deadly 2015 shootout
- Oregon Ducks heading back to Elite 8