ALOHA, Ore. – The suspect has been identified in a murder case involving a woman’s body that was found dismembered, decapitated and stuffed in suitcases in the trunk of a car.
Jeremiah Johnston, 35, is accused of killing Sara Zghoul, 28, according to The Oregonian. Her body was found in Aloha on Thursday, hours before Johnston was arrested.
He remains hospitalized after deputies said he attempted suicide before he was taken into custody.
The relationship between Zghoul and Johnston is not clear, but records show their families own homes a half-mile from each other in Aloha.
Johnston has not been formally charged in this case.
Court records show he had previously been convicted for identity theft, felon in possession of a firearm and drug possession.
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Suspect in dismemberment killing pleads not guilty
- 18 people arrested in Aloha police sting
- Body found dismembered in suitcases in Aloha
- Murder victim identified
- Missing Aloha teen found dead in Portland park
- Police arrest suspect in 2016 Eugene murder case
- Pakistan police arrest suspect in Zainab murder case
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Victim, suspect identified in Opry Mills shooting