ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The man killed in an early-morning stabbing was identified as Joseph William Garnett, according to documents filed with the Douglas County court.
Investigators say Garnett was stabbed in the left side of his neck while he was sitting in the driver's seat of a car parked at the Rodeway Inn, 511 SE Stephens St., around 12:20 Monday morning. He was taken to Mercy Medical but died from a loss of blood.
A witness who was seated in the car next to Garnett told police the killer was Billy Conner-Ferguson, according to the documents. Conner-Ferguson was located around 8:30 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of Ella Street, not far from the murder scene.
Police say Conner-Ferguson confessed to killing Garnett.
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Murder victim identified
- UPDATE: 4 Victims in Deadly Harrisburg Plane Crash Identified
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Fire officials: stabbing victim taken to hospital
- Third man identified among train crash victims
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Suspect identified in stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Teen faces 8 aggravated murder charges in Roseburg triple homicide