LOS ANGELES, Calif. – The No. 16 Oregon State women's basketball team saw its eight-game winning-streak snapped Friday evening, as the Beavers fell to No. 14 UCLA 84-49 at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, Calif.
"I felt like UCLA disrupted us for most of the night," said Oregon State head coach Scott Rueck. "There was nothing easy. This was the most athletic team we've seen this year, and you have to give them a lot of credit for keeping us off balance. This was our first Pac-12 road game in a really tough place to play on the road. We just need to take it, learn from it, and get better."
Senior Marie Gulich continued her streak of scoring in double-figures in every game this season, going 8-for-11 from the floor to finish with 16 points.
Freshman Taya Corosdale went 5-for-6 to finish the game in double-figures with 10. Junior Taylor Kalmer tallied nine points, while Mikayla Pivec dished out six assists.
Oregon State shot 42 percent from the floor in the contest.
The Beavers found themselves behind early on, as UCLA jumped in front 14-5. Oregon State would hit its final three field goal attempts of the first quarter, to end the period down 18-11.
The Bruins extended the advantage to double-figures to start the second frame, and took a 40-21 lead into the intermission. UCLA would control the game from there, as it took the win by 35.
The Beavers will head across town on Sunday for a matchup with USC. That game will tip at 1 p.m. and will air live on Pac-12 Networks.
Story provided by OSU Athletics.
- No. 14 UCLA ends no. 16 OSU's win streak
- OSU picks up marquee win against UCLA
- Oregon's win streak hits 4 with top-15 win
- Web Extra: Dana Altman after loss to Boise State ends home game win streak
- Oregon bounces back with close win over UCLA
- Web Extra: Dana Altman After Oregon's 94-91 Win Over UCLA
- Web Extra: Paul White and Payton Pritchard after longest home game win streak ends against Boise State
- Web Extra: OSU after 78-74 win against LMU
- OSU men win nail biter at Dam City Classic
- Web Extra: Cadyn Grenier on OSU win vs. Arkansas (6/27/18)