CORVALLIS, OR. --Ridesharing services Lyft and Uber have been operating in Corvallis since September, and students have been putting them to work.
Since Uber and Lyft officially started picking up riders, students say they've used the ridesharing services for anything from going to and from bars to just getting to class and back.
"Me and a couple buddies have used Uber when we are away from campus to get to campus, or if it's one side to the other, we've used it once. But, yeah, when it's rainy, it's nice to have something else when you don't have a vehicle," said OSU student Spencer Clay.
Not every student has used Uber or Lyft, but those we talked to that have, all said it's been a pleasurable experience.
"The Uber drivers are way nicer, they're very punctual. The inside of the Uber drivers are often decorated with lights and they have water bottles and candy and stuff like that. The Uber drivers are very personable," said student Cooper Nelson.
Not only have the rides been nice, but students agree it's bringing a safer, more convenient mode of transportation to Corvallis and the OSU campus.
Clay said, "It's nice to have a service that can provide you a ride rather than walking. And it is also nice having, like, another ride. Like, OSU has their transportation. But, yeah, a service like Uber or Lyft, it definitely helps you feel safer at night."
Not only are students enjoying the experience, but drivers we talked to say they're having fun with it, and look forward to a long relationship with the city of Corvallis and the OSU campus.
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- Eugene opens door to Uber and Lyft
- Springfield students enjoy bike rodeo
- Mayor hopes Uber and Lyft will be Eugene by summer
- Roseburg to consider allowing Uber, Lyft to operate
- Eugene city officials: Uber and Lyft expected to return
- Eugene convenience store robbed
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- OSU teams up with Lyft to offer safe rides to Beaver fans
- Safeway offers meningococcal vaccines for OSU students