Corvallis, Ore -- The Oregon State University Baseball team became the fourth team honored by the 2017-18 Oregon Sports Awards as a George Pasero Team of the Year. The Beavers finished their 2018 season with a record of 55-12-1, including six elimination games to win the 2018 College World Series. The Beavers claimed their third national title in Omaha by beating Arkansas. The other recipients of the George Pasero Team of the Year included George Fox University, Women's Track and Field, Portland Thorns and University of Portland Men's Cross Country.
The 66th Oregon Sports Award was hosted by Nike and presented by Hewlett-Packard. The show took place on June 20th, 2018 at the Stanford Theatre on Nike World Headquarters. The state's top professional and amateur athletes, teams, coaches, administrators and supporters were honored. The Oregon Sports Award also recognized the athletes with the Play It Forward Award and Fund by using the power of sports to make an impact in the community.
NBC Sports Northwest aired a live broadcast of the show, covering the red carpet, as well as pre and post events.
To watch a recap of the Oregon Sports Award, visit www.OregonSportsAwards.com.
- Oregon State Baseball honored as a George Pasero Team of the Year
- Oregon State baseball wins the College World Series
- More Oregon students are homeless than last year, state says
- Oregon Strike Teams help with California wildfire
- Oregon child molester sentenced to 12 years
- Oregon Country Fair kicks off 49th year
- OSU baseball fans cheer team on from Corvallis
- Sutherlin High School is honored by Special Olympics Oregon
- Oregon routs Oregon State in Civil War game
- Cal holds off Oregon State 37-23