SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A pedestrian is in critical condition after being struck by a driver on Centennial Boulevard at Mohawk Boulevard Tuesday afternoon.
At about 3 p.m. Ronald Hein, 64, was driving his 2010 Ford F-250 westbound on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield, police said. When turning south onto Mohawk Boulevard, Hein failed to see and yield to a pedestrian crossing the road.
Douglas Palmer, 60, a transient, was transported to an area hospital where he remains in critical condition with serious head injuries.
Hein remained at the scene and cooperated with police.
The Springfield Police Department’s Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating, but neither speed nor alcohol appear to be a contributing factor, police said.
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Corvallis man arrested after pedestrian struck in La Pine
- Vehicles catch fire in Springfield
- Pedestrian hit and killed by driver in Springfield
- Vehicle versus pedestrian crash sends man to the hospital
- Crews working on Garden Valley Boulevard in extreme heat
- Hit and run crash involves 3 vehicles in Springfield
- Missing Springfield man found dead in submerged vehicle