SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A pipe leak has flooded Thurston High School's weight room.
A spokesperson with the Springfield School District said they realized there was a problem when an extremely high water bill came in last week.
When they got it inspected this weekend, they found out a broken pipe had been leaking water for nearly a month and that the water had pushed through the floor.
They don't know the cost of repairs yet, but the district said it should be covered by insurance.
Classes are set to resume as planned on Wednesday.
- Pipe leak floods Thurston High weight room
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes
- Afternoon classes cancelled at Thurston High School
- Thurston community gathers for vigil
- Thurston High School girls make it to state wrestling championships
- Parental concerns left confusion at Thurston High School's walkout
- Thurston Hills Natural Area to open Saturday
- Twenty years later: Community remembers Thurston tragedy
- Thurston High whiz-kid can now see clearly with electronic glasses
- Thurston shooting first responder speaks on Florida tragedy