SHERWOOD, Ore. – An Oregon teenager has died after police said he shot himself in the head while playing Russian Roulette.
Police were called to a home in Sherwood just before 4 a.m. Monday morning.
They said the teenager, who has not been named, was dead when they arrived.
Officers said he brought a handgun to the home and began playing the deadly game, which involves putting one bullet in a revolver, spinning the cylinder and pulling the trigger.
Police said nobody else in the home was participating in the game.
They said the teenager was from Marion County.
- Police: Oregon teen shoots self playing Russia Roulette
- Report details Oregon teen suicide rate
- 2 teens attacked while playing tag at playground
- Police chase in Central Oregon ends in shooting; 1 hurt
- Police: Sibling accidentally shoots 2-year-old boy in Oregon
- Oregon woman accused of shooting boyfriend
- Oregon man arraigned in wife's shooting death
- Police: Teen almost abducted by stranger
- Police warn teens about driving dangers
- Oregon police chief charged with harassment