PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland police have identified a man who they say was killed while committing a robbery at a U-Haul store.
Sgt. Chris Burley says a medical examiner determined that 53-year-old Robert R. Porter of Newberg died from gunshot wounds Wednesday night.
Investigators believe the shots were fired by a 27-year-old employee.
No charges have been filed as of Thursday.
Burley says the investigation is continuing and prosecutors will review the case.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police identify robbery suspect shot by U-Haul employee
- Police trying to identify suspect in Albany bank robbery
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Stolen U-Haul catches fire
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- Robbery suspect jailed after reportedly firing shots at witness
- Oregon police identify two Cave Junction men fatally shot