EUGENE, Ore. -- Police are investigating the sixth armed robbery that has happened within six days, most of them happened over the weekend.
A 21-year-old woman was walking on Hilyard near E. 15th Avenue Thursday when a man approached her around 12:30 a.m., police said. He allegedly threatened her a with a handgun before robbing her. Police said the suspect ran off, heading northbound, after taking the cash.
It took the victim 20 minutes to walk home, police said. She reported the robbery to her roommate, who called 911.
A search for the suspect turned up nothing.
KEZI spoke to one UO student who lives nearby. She said it's scary knowing there is someone in the area with a gun.
“As a 21-year-old woman who does frequent the bars on campus, it does really frighten me that there is someone walking around with a gun, targeting specifically college women that are alone,” Kate Templeton said. “I usually walk home with friends, but there have been nights where I have gone home alone and personally now I'm scared to do that."
Police said the suspect is a white man who stands between 5-feet 10-inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. They said he has a medium build and was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.
Officers said a similar robbery happened on March 3. The suspect, in that case, is described as a black male in his 20s who stands 6-feet tall. Police said he might have a nose piercing.
They said they are increasing their presence in the area near the two robberies, and are investigating whether or not they are connected.
- Police investigate sixth armed robbery within six days
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies in Eugene
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Roseburg Police investigate robbery at Walgreens
- Police investigate 2nd armed robbery at deli in last 2 weeks
- Police say armed robbery stopped by good Samaritan
- Police search for two suspects in armed robbery
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Econolodge
- Eugene Marathon grants it's sixth wish