Photo Gallery 3 Images
REDMOND, Ore. -- Police responded to two crashes involving alleged drunk driving, including one that narrowly missed a 10-year-old.
The first incident happened after midnight on Feb. 11 on the 1900 block of NW Larch Spur Court. Officers said the vehicle had left the scene after crashing into a duplex.
The vehicle punched a hole through the rear of the duplex, police said. Police said witnesses described the vehicle as a full-size pickup, with a flatbed, and it was last seen heading south on NW 19th Street.
Officers found the suspect on the 2500 block of SW Cascade Mountain Lane. Officers arrested Jory Markiss for several crimes including DUII.
About an hour later officers responded to report of another vehicle hitting a building.
This was at the Double J Saloon, 528 SW 6th Street. An employee reported a female driver had hit the building with a vehicle. The driver tried to take off without the car. Officers found her about 30 minutes later. They arrested Emma Walker.
- Police respond to two DUII crashes into buildings
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Injured passenger in DUII crash has long road to recovery
- Eugene police increasing DUII patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII
- Former UO basketball player facing DUII charges
- Truck smashes into house, driver suspected of DUII
- Local law enforcement increases DUII patrols for holidays
- OSP responds to fatal crash on HWY 99
- Crews respond to two fatal crashes on Highway 99