UPDATE: A Tidewater man who went missing after arriving at the Eugene Airport Thursday morning made it home safely on his own, Eugene police said.
Robert Dean Thompson, 76, was reported missing and had been last seen walking toward Airport Road at 10:43 a.m.
EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police are searching for a Tidewater man who was last heard from after arriving at the Eugene Airport Thursday morning.
Robert Dean Thompson, 76, was last seen walking toward Airport Road at 10:43 a.m.
Police said Thompson left the airport without contacting a friend he was supposed to arrange a ride home with.
Thompson has a medical condition.
Police said Thompson is 6 feet tall, about 140 pounds, balding with white hair, wears glasses and was last seen wearing a gray Portland Trailblazer baseball hat, a dark gray Carhartt jacket, jeans, white tennis shoes and carrying a bright red carry-on suitcase. He walks with a limp.
If anyone has information, police ask that they call (541) 682-5111.
- UPDATE: Man missing after arriving at Eugene Airport found
- UPDATE: Missing hunters found safe
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found unharmed
- Missing Winston man found dead
- 62-year-old missing man found
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips
- Eugene Airport adds new security screening lane
- Snow fall delays flights at Eugene Airport
- Eugene Airport opens new economy parking lot
- Eugene Airport braces for busy summer travel