EUGENE, Ore. - Princess for a Day is less than a month away.
The event is a fundraiser for A Family For Every Child Heart Gallery and gives kids, including foster children, the chance to be a princess for a day.
They dress up, get their hair and nails done and essentially are treated like royalty.
To pull off this event, organizers said they are in need of volunteers.
"It takes a lot of people and it's really heartwarming that people do step up and like to see this day happen," said / Executive Director Christy Obie-Barrett.
They said they're really in need of hairdressers and makeup artists.
"All of our volunteers have a great time," said Aurora Sherman, Event Coordinator. "They talk about how much they love watching the kids."
For more information about how you can help, you can go to the A Family For Every Child Heart Gallery website here.
- Princess for a Day is looking for volunteers
- Burrito Brigade seeking volunteers
- Eugene V.A. needs volunteer drivers
- Christmas For Kids volunteers needed
- Hundreds of OCCU employees volunteered at nonprofits on President’s Day
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Volunteers assemble 1,400 Thanksgiving Meal Boxes
- Volunteers deliver 1,400 Thanksgiving Meal Boxes
- Egan Warming Center calls for more volunteers
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner