TIGARD, Ore. (AP) - A Corvallis man who ran a business providing private instruction on the Quran has been arrested on seven counts of sex abuse after two girls under the age of 14 reported him.
Tigard police said Thursday that 50-year-old Muhammad L. Hasan was taken into custody Wednesday at his home in Corvallis without incident.
Hasan has not yet made a court appearance on the charges and no attorney was listed in court records.
Hasan operates a business called AICQ, which provides private instruction on the Quran out of a storefront office in Tigard.
According to court documents, two girls under the age of 14 say he kissed them on the mouth on multiple occasions starting in 2016.
Authorities suspect there may be more alleged victims.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press.)
- Quran instructor from Corvallis faces sex abuse charges in Tigard
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Ex-Tigard teacher accused of sexually abusing 2 students
- Former Monroe firefighter jailed again, faces 3 sex abuse charges
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Corvallis man charged with embezzling $33,000
- Tigard police officer critically injured in crash involving drunk driver