SALEM, Ore. (KGW News) - Marion County Deputies arrested a Salem man Saturday after responding to a call at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Police said a woman mouthed the words "help me" to several patrons inside of the store. When deputies arrived, they found a woman, her child, and Christopher Hahn-Collins, 25, of Salem.
From their investigation, officials say they believe that Hahn-Collins came to the woman's home late Friday afternoon where he broke in and waited.
After the family came home, Hahn-Collins held the victim and her child at knife point over night and into the next day.
The following day, the victim convinced the suspect to take her to Dick's Sporting Goods where she was able to mouth the words "help me" to several patrons inside the store.
Detectives do not believe that Hahn-Collins knew the victim at the time of her kidnapping.
He has been lodged at the Marion County Jail for several charges including kidnapping, menacing, burglary, unlawful use of a weapon, and a parole violation warrant for sex abuse.
If you have any information regarding Hahn-Collins, you are asked to contact to contact the Marion County Sheriff's Office at 503-540-8079 or on Facebook.
- Salem man arrested after woman asks patrons to call for help
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Student asks lawmakers to help pay for Salem shelter
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Salem's toxic water advisory extended
- Salem drinking water advisory lifted
- Eugene bar ends tradition due to poor patron behavior
- Judge denies bail for Salem man charged in bar shooting
- Salem man sentenced for crashing motor home into patrol cars