PORTLAND, Ore.-- One small town girl got a chance of a lifetime last weekend as she saw her idol live in concert.
Jasmine Maddox from Klamath County was pulled on stage at Katy Perry's concert in Portland. Katy Perry asked Maddox to make a wish and she wished for something big.
"It turned into the night of a lifetime," said Jasmine's mom, Amanda Graham.
Maddox has been asking to see Katy Perry in concert for four years. On February 2, that wish finally came true.
"We are from a tiny town of 800 people. We did not go there thinking that this was going to happen." said Graham.
Maddox was called up on stage and was asked to make a wish.
"What's your wish, Jasmine?" Perry asked her.
"For me and my mom to get a house," Maddox replied.
Graham said in that moment, she was the proudest mom in the world.
"In the moment I thought back into my 12-year-old brain as to what I would have wished for and certainly at the time it would not have been for a house for me and my mom," Graham added.
The two currently live with Graham's parents.
The videos have blown up on social media. The Instagram video alone, Graham said has over 300,000 views and her own personal Facebook video from that moment, almost 10,000.
- Oregon girl makes selfless wish on stage at Katy Perry concert
- Katy Perry surprises mudslide survivors at benefit concert
- 'American Idol' contestant didn't love Katy Perry kissing him
- Rick Perry Fast Facts
- Local child becomes Make A Wish Oregon recipient
- Student Athletes at Students raise money to make sick girl's wish come true College Raise Money to Make Sick Girl's Wish Come True
- Oregon girl becomes Wish Kid, gets shopping experience of a lifetime
- Internet rights advocate John Perry Barlow dies
- Rick Perry: The future is in supercomputers
- Katie Couric on 'painful' Lauer scandal