Photo Gallery 1 Images
FLORENCE, Ore. - Oregon State Police responded to a call at the Rhododendran Trailer Park in Florence around 8pm on Wednesday, December 20, regarding a man who was drunk and disorderly.
When they arrived they said they found Scott Williams inside his manufactured home, and they discovered he had threatened to kill everyone in the park.
The trailer park manager, Linda Varvel, said he had been disturbing people and yelling in the road for quite some time before she went to his trailer and asked him to stop.
She said she asked him several times to go inside before he starting listing names of people he was going to kill.
"'They're all going to die. So then I said well you're threatening everybody in here so I'm going to have to call the cops. He said, 'go ahead, I'll shoot them too,'" said Varvel.
Varvel said they've had issues with Williams in the past. She said he's threatened and even stalked other residents of the park.
Police say Williams hid in his house for six hours while they tried to get him to come out.
When the SWAT team arrived, he threatened to kill them too.
When the police obtained a search warrant for the home, they say they had to use tear gas, pepper spray, and a taser in order to arrest him.
After he was arrested they searched the premises and found a loaded gun.
- Standoff in Florence leads to one man's arrest
- Armed standoff in Florence ends
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- Man suspected in mother's death arrested after standoff in Tualatin
- Couple arrested after standoff near Sherwood
- Springfield standoff ends in suicide
- Traffic stop leads to arrest of Oakland man
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Man found dead after standoff with police in Keizer