OREGON CITY, Ore. (KGW) -- A stolen car suspect fired shots at a Clackamas County Sheriff's deputy while trying to flee from police Tuesday night.
An Oregon City police officer noticed a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of the Oregon City Shopping Center at 1900 McLoughlin Boulevard about 7:30 p.m. The officer learned the car was stolen in Canby, police said.
A man and a woman were in the car. The Oregon City officer approached the vehicle and the man got out and ran, according to a prepared statement from Oregon City police.
While running, he fired shots at deputy who had arrived at the scene, with at least one round hitting the patrol car. Witnesses at a nearby Shari's restaurant said they heard two to four gunshots.
Police did not return fire. No one was injured. The suspect tripped while running away and he was taken into custody.
The woman remained in the stolen car. Their names have not been released.
- Stolen car suspect shoots at Clackamas Co. deputy
- Suspect dead after pursuit, shootout with Clackamas Co. deputies
- Man gets 20 years for shooting Clackamas County sergeant
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Dead Chihuahua found in dog crate in Clackamas River
- FBI offers $10K reward for Clackamas Co. fugitive
- K9 officer helps capture two suspects in stolen car case
- Manhunt underway for suspects in fatal shooting of Colorado deputy
- Two suspects still at large in deputy shooting
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt