SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A man is facing a number of charges in connection with a deadly shooting that happened in Springfield Saturday evening.
Police said 23-year-old Jordan Wyatt Ledbetter of Springfield will be formally arraigned on Tuesday on charges including Murder, Assault and Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
Officers said around 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, they were called to an apartment at 506 West Centennial Boulevard for reports of gunfire and that people had been shot.
Brett Scott lives near the aparatment complex. He said the girlfriend of one of the wounded men went running to his door asking for help.
"I heard a scream, so I looked out my window and I see people outside," Scott said. "I come outside and see a young lady running, she was yelling, I couldn't catch too much of what she wasy saying but it sounded like 'let me in he's got a gun'."
Police said they arrived to find a chaotic scene, with two victims suffering from gunshot wounds lying at the base of a staircase. Officers said one was shot in the chest and the other the arm, but were conscious and breathing. Officials said the pair was rushed to the hospital, where the man who was shot in the chest died shortly after 1 a.m.
Police said the other victim, who was shot in the arm, and a third victim, who had been shot in the neck, are still recovering from their injuries.
Springfield police have confirmed all victims were shot while inside the apartment. Officers said they are withholding the relationships between the shooter and the victims’ names at this time.
Police said illegal drugs played a role in the shooting.
Officers ask anyone with information about this incident or about Jordan Ledbetter to call the Springfield Police Department at 541-726-3714.
- Suspect in triple-shooting at Springfield apartment complex charged with Murder
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Teenage triple murder suspect appears in court
- Police release names of Springfield triple-shooting victims
- Springfield murder suspect appears in court
- Triple murder suspect found fit to stand trial
- Next court date set for teenage triple murder suspect
- Springfield apartment fire displaces two people
- Teen faces 8 aggravated murder charges in Roseburg triple homicide
- Springfield murder case remains unsolved