SEATTLE (AP) - The Washington State Patrol is seeking help from the public as they investigate a theft of $400,000 in diamonds.
The patrol says a witness reported an attempted carjacking at about 3:48 p.m. Tuesday on the westbound Highway 520 ramp to northbound I-5 in Seattle.
The patrol says responding troopers determined the incident was actually a diamond theft.
The victim told troopers he was driving to see a jeweler-client when a dark sedan changed lanes and slammed on the brakes, causing him to brake and stop.
The man reported that a second vehicle struck his car from behind and two men wearing bandanas approached his vehicle, breaking out windows, striking him and grabbing a bag of diamonds.
The man told troopers the suspects also took his car key, cellphone and a suitcase.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Vik Mauro at (425) 401-7746.
- Thieves take $400,000 in diamonds in Seattle heist
- Couple pranks package thieves
- Eugene dog awarded Diamond Collar
- $10 million reward deadline approaches in unsolved art heist
- Jewels stolen from Venice exhibition in brazen daytime heist
- Paris heist: Jewels reported stolen found -- at the scene
- $6 million in chips stolen in Wynn casino heist
- $530 million cryptocurrency heist may be biggest ever
- Female duo accused of $11,000 Victoria's Secret bra heist
- Facebook video helps arrest man in $128K heist