ROSEBURG, Ore. - The numbers are in for the 2017 Umpqua Strong 9k and 5k Run/Walk.
Organizers said they raised $37,545 to support the communities of the Umpqua Valley.
The event was created in the wake of the tragic UCC shooting.
Organizers said they received great support from local sponsors for the September 30 event.
They added that they had people participating from as far away as Honolulu, HI.
- Umpqua Strong raises more then $37,000
- Umpqua Strong kicks off fundraising for run/walk
- Neighborworks Umpqua to help out local veterans
- Annual Umpqua Fishery Enhancement Derby begins
- North Umpqua Unified brings students together
- Threat found at South Umpqua High School
- Free oral cancer screenings at Umpqua Community College
- Umpqua Community College Board of Education approves tuition increase
- South Umpqua School District starts Lunchbox Express program
- Driver killed after car crashed into tree and overturned in North Umpqua River