EUGENE, Ore. -- A Veneta man is in custody in connection to a bank robbery that happened Saturday afternoon.
William Newman, 55, was arrested Sunday, police said.
He is accused of walking into the U.S. Bank inside Albertson’s on West 18th Avenue around 3 p.m. Officers said Newman used a note to rob the bank.
Police said the robbery does not appear to be connected to other recent bank robberies in the area.
- Veneta man in custody for West 18th Avenue US Bank robbery
- U.S. Bank on West 18th robbed for 2nd time this summer
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Veneta family recovering after horrific rollover crash
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- Two Veneta families displaced in overnight house fires
- Veneta teen heads to Junior National Finals Rodeo