EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Everett police say they arrested an 18-year-old student they believe was planning to shoot people at his high school.
KIRO reported Wednesday that officers arrested the man on attempted murder charges at ACES High School after being contacted by his grandmother, who showed them a journal where he allegedly drew up plans to shoot students and use homemade explosives at the school.
Detectives serving a search warrant at the grandmother's house seized items including the student's journal, a rifle, and inert grenades.
- Washington man arrested on suspicion of school shooting plan
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Man arrested following shooting death of high school student
- Washington man steals frozen bull semen
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Everett man held on $5 million bail for allegedly planning school shooting
- South Lane School District plans on replacing 20 school buses
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- Police tase and arrest man
- Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead