ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Kevin Adams, 16, was charged with four counts of aggravated murder at an arraignment on Wednesday afternoon.
In court documents, prosecutors said the first three counts are for causing the death of multiple people at the same time. Prosecutors said the fourth count is for causing the death of Payshience Adams, who was under 14.
He appeared over a video call, and the hearing last two and a half minutes.
The judge read him his rights, appointed him a defense attorney and refused to set bail.
- WEB EXTRA: Suspect in Roseburg triple homicide makes first court appearance
- Teenage triple murder suspect appears in court
- New developments in Roseburg triple homicide case
- Police investigate triple homicide
- Teen faces 8 aggravated murder charges in Roseburg triple homicide
- Police investigate triple homicide near
- Manhattan bomb suspect makes court appearance -- from hospital bed
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Roseburg teen accused of killing foster family appears in court
- Springfield murder suspect appears in court