LINN COUNTY, Ore. -- A woman in Lebanon was arrested Thursday after deputies said she stole thousands of dollars from her grandmother.
Linn County deputies started investigating when the family of Joyce Ammon, 78, reported that her retirement account had been depleted of funds.
They said Ammon's granddaughter, Mindy Lynn Port, had been living with her when the money went missing.
Financial records show more than $50,000 had been taken from Ammon's accounts during the six months that Port had been living with her. Deputies were able to determine that Port had taken at least $43,000.
Port, 32, was arrested on charges of aggravated theft and criminal mistreatment.
- Woman accused of stealing $43,000 from grandmother
- Oregon man admits to stealing from grandmother to gamble
- Man accused of stealing vehicle, trying to run over owner
- Man accused of possessing pipe bomb, stealing motorcycle
- Woman arrested in garden center parking lot for stealing van
- Prosecutors: Baby left in woods was stolen from grandmother
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend for cheating
- Oregon woman accused of shooting boyfriend
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman