Eugene, Ore. -- The Eugene Emeralds officially open up their season on Friday, June 15th at PK Park. But late Tuesday afternoon, members of the Chicago Cubs Single-A affiliate stepped off the team bus to take in their new summer home in Eugene. With several top prospects in the Ems rotation this year, expectations will be high, especially considering the recent success the team has had. The Emeralds won the Northwest League title in 2016 and lost the final to Vancouver in 2017.
The team will host Media Day on Wednesday afternoon at 12:00 p.m. ahead of their opener against Vancouver on Friday. This years' roster include some top prospects in the Cubs farm system, including their no. 9 overall prospect, outfielder Nelson Velazquez. 19 year-old pitcher Jose Albertos will also factor into the Emeralds rotation this coming season.
Eugene will be hosting the Canadiens throughout the weekend, before immediately heading to Hillsboro for a road series. Following that trip, the Ems will be back in town June 23rd in a series against the Boise Hawks.
- Eugene Emeralds Arrive at PK Park
- Eugene Emeralds win Northwest League Championship with walk-off balk
- Web Extra: Ramsey Romano on entering his second year with the Eugene Emeralds (6/13/18)
- Web Extra: Steve Lerud on his first season with the Eugene Emeralds (6/13/18)
- Emeralds fan experience an integral part of game day
- Emeralds take back hold of final playoff spot
- Bounds enjoys rodeo homecoming in Eugene
- Blitzing the Preseason: North Eugene Highlanders
- Blitzing the Preseason: South Eugene Axes
- Eugene loses 2019, 2020 bids for NCAA Track & Field Championships