PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Katie McWilliams made a pair of free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime and No. 16 Oregon State escaped with a 63-61 victory over short-handed Washington State on Friday night.
WSU's Maria Kostourkova made 1 of 2 free throws with 1.9 seconds remaining to tie the game. McWilliams took a long inbounds pass and was fouled by Kostourkova while putting up a shot on the baseline.
Washington State (10-15, 3-10 Pac-12) led by two after a 3-point play by Borislava Hristova with 16 seconds left in regulation but McWilliams scored underneath off an inbounds pass to tie at 50 with a second to go.
Trailing by 11 at halftime, the Beavers rallied to tie after three quarters, finishing the period on a 7-0 run with four points from Mikayla Pivec then a 3-pointer from Aleah Goodman, who then gave OSU its first lead, 41-40, with a 3-pointer with 7:44 remaining.
Oregon State had an awful first half, shooting just 18 percent and making only 1 of 11 3-pointers, and giving up 13 points off 11 turnovers, nine on Cougar steals.
Goodman hit five 3-pointers and scored a career-high 17 points. Marie Gulich scored 15 points to pass 1,000 in her career and grabbed 16 rebounds, and Pivec added 12 points for the Beavers (18-6, 9-4), who beat the Cougars for the ninth straight time.
Hristova scored 21 points and Chanelle Molina 10 for the Cougars.
Washington State played without three starters - Caila Hailey, Louise Brown and Nike McClure - who were suspended for violation of team rules.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oregon State begins weekend with OT win on the Palouse
- No. 14 Arizona beats Oregon State 75-65 in OT
- Web Extra: Oregon State reacts to double OT win against Washington
- Oregon Sweeps Weekend With Win Over WSU
- Oregon Knocks off No. 14 Arizona in OT
- Web Extra: Oregon State women's basketball after knocking off UCLA in OT (2/16/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon State men basketball on OT loss to Arizona (2/22/18)
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves after OT win against UCLA (2/19/18)
- Oregon State opens 2018 with 5-2 win
- Hebard sets NCAA record, No. 9 Oregon beats USC in 2nd OT