LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Tres Tinkle had 16 points and 10 rebounds in a 72-59 loss to USC on Saturday night at the Galen Center.
Tinkle now has six double-doubles this season and 10 in his career. He has scored in double figures in 29 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
The Beavers (13-13, 5-9 Pac-12) stayed close throughout the night and cut the deficit to 55-51 on a lefty hook by Drew Eubanks. But USC (19-9, 10-5) closed the game with a 17-8 advantage for the final outcome.
Drew Eubanks finished with 16 points and Alfred Hollins had 10 to finish in double figures for the fourth straight game as a starter. Stephen Thompson Jr. had six of Oregon State's nine assists.
The Beavers took their first lead of the game when Gligorije Rakocevic dropped in a baby hook to make it 20-18. USC went on an 8-0 run, but Oregon State answered with six straight to tie it 26-26, before the Trojans took a 32-30 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Elijah Stewart led USC with 26 points and Jordan McLaughlin finished with 13 points and 11 assists.
The Beavers return to Gill Coliseum to play No. 17 Arizona at 6 p.m. on Thursday and No. 25 Arizona State at 5 p.m. on Saturday. Tickets to the final two home games of the season can be purchased by visiting this link or calling 541-737-2050.
- Oregon State falls 72-59 to the Trojans in Los Angeles
- Beavers Fall To Bruins In Los Angeles
- Oregon State Men's Basketball falls to Cal 74-70 (2/3/18)
- Oregon Falls Flat in Second Half in Loss to Stanford
- Oregon State opens 2018 with 5-2 win
- Oregon Survives Washington State in Overtime
- Oregon State Advance to the Elite 8
- Oregon State Baseball Cruises Past Northwestern (6/1/18)
- Oregon State defensive back set to transfer
- Oregon State escapes with a 79-74 victory over Arizona State