Courtesy: Oregon Sports Information
EUGENE, Ore. –- Justin Cobbs’ jumper with 0.7 seconds to play gave California a 48-46 victory over No. 23 Oregon on Thursday night.
Cobbs’ shot, which came after the Golden Bears (17-9, 9-5 Pac-12) ran nearly all of the final 26 seconds off the clock, hit nothing but net.
Cobbs finished with 14 points and Allen Crabbe had 12 for Cal, which has won four straight.
Oregon, which led 26-21 at halftime, was up 46-43 with 2:06 to play when Robert Thurman recorded a three-point play for Cal on a dunk and free throw to tie it.
The Ducks had a turnover and two missed shots in their final possessions.
- Tonight’s game against Cal was Dana Altman‘s 100th as Oregon head coach.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded his seventh double-double of the season and 52nd of his career.
- Kazemi’s 18 rebounds were a season-high.
- Kazemi has now grabbed at least 10 rebounds in a game 12 times this season and 84 times in his career.
- Johnathan Loyd‘s five steals were a career-high.
- The Ducks have held seven opponents under 50 points this season.
- California has now won 11 straight games over Oregon.
- Oregon wore grey uniforms for the first time this season.
- The Ducks held the Golden Bears to 8-of-28 (28.6 percent) shooting in the first half. It was the third time that Oregon held an opponent to under 30 percent shooting in the first 20 minutes this year and first time since seeing Nevada shoot just 19.4 percent in the first half on Dec. 31.
Head Coach Dana Altman:
Arsalan Kazemi and E.J. Singler: