«

»

Eugene Crews Extinguish Apartment Fire

Eugene apartment fireEUGENE, Ore. — Firefighters say a Eugene woman’s quick thinking saved her apartment complex from going up in flames.

They say when the woman got home from the store, she saw a fire under her kitchen sink and immediately called 9-1-1 for help.

It happened at about 12:45 p.m. Thursday on Fetters Loop in west Eugene. Eugene and Springfield fire crews responded to the call about five minutes after it came in and were quickly able to put it out.

No one was home when the fire started, and everyone in the apartment complex was safe.

“Good learning experience for the occupant, and it was good she came home when she did. She found it at a small fire, so it didn’t get big,” said Capt. Anthony Bucher, Eugene and Springfield Fire Department.

The damage was contained to the kitchen of the apartment. No word yet on the cause.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


− 5 = 2

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>