«

»

Explosion Inside PetSmart

3-4 explosionEUGENE, Ore. — An evacuation Tuesday morning at the PetSmart on Chad Drive in north Eugene.

Eugene-Springfield Fire crews rushed to the store around 7 a.m. Several employees and contractors say they heard several loud bangs coming from a generator. Smoke began filling the building, so they evacuated.

“You could hear a sizzling sound. Just a few seconds later you could hear a second explosion,” said witness Jerry Stotz.

“A transformer in the back had blown. No fire, but some smoke in the building and we got EWEB on the scene,” said Battalion Chief Jeff Kronser, Eugene-Springfield Fire.

No one was hurt and all the animals inside are okay. The store opened back up a couple hours later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


6 − 2 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>