«

»

Explosion Sends Man to Hospital

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — An explosion in Springfield sent a man to the hospital.

Fire crews were called out to an explosion on Parker Street, Wednesday night.

When officers arrived, medics were treating 35-year-old Allen Walker for extensive burns, but the injuries don’t appear to be life threatening.

Springfield Police say it appears the explosion was caused by a gas leak from the refrigerator in the RV. Police say as Walker ignited the stove, this triggered the explosion.

“There was a small fire that was largely controlled with a garden hose that a neighbor put on the small fire right near the front of the mobile home., so there really was no fire for the crews to extinguish when they got here,” said Battalion Chief Don Vaught with the Eugene Fire Department.

No one else was injured during the explosion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


8 − 8 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>