The first calls came in just before 6:20 a.m. Friday morning for the fire, which happened on the 800 block of Horn Lane in an outbuilding, which is used as an art studio. Seven engines responded, and firefighters were able to get it under control.
“We stopped it right away. We got a really good stop on it, but it was burning for while before anyone noticed it because there are no neighbors close by,” said Dana Burwell, Eugene Fire Battalion Chief.
Officials say a candle was left unattended and more than likely caused the fire.
No estimate on damages yet.