EUGENE, Ore. — A fire causes significant damage to a home in the south hills.
It happened on the 2900 block of Mclean at about 10 p.m. Tuesday night. The couple who lives there said they were sitting in the living room when all of their lights went out. That’s when they discovered they were having problems with their wood stove, but by then it was already too late.
Capt. Steve Kropf with the Eugene Fire Department said, “It was in the living room. There was a wood stove or a fireplace, or something. It’s a little hard to tell right now because it’s kind of a mess in there, but it was in that area and that wall behind the stove there is mostly gone.”
Crews said this home won’t be livable for at least several months and the three people living here will have to find a new place to live.