«

»

Fire Scorches North Eugene Home

EUGENE, Ore. — The Eugene fire marshal is trying to figure out what caused a fire that scorched part of a home Monday afternoon.

Firefighters got the call about the flames just after 2 p.m. When they got to the house on King Edwards Court in north Eugene, they say the fire was well-involved. Everyone who was inside got out okay, but the home itself wasn’t as lucky.

“(There is) significant damage to the interior. The entire second floor is heavily damaged. You can’t really see that from the outside; the crews did a good job of stopping it, but from the inside it’s definitely not inhabitable,” said Dist. Chief Scott Bishop, Eugene Fire Department.

No word yet about what might have sparked the flames.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


5 + = 8

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>